(2) Credit This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
(4) Acceptable use You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent. You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
(5) Restricted access Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion. If we provide you with / you generate a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that the password is kept confidential. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password. You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure. You must not use any other person's user ID and password to access our website, unless you have that person's express permission to do so. We may disable your user ID and password at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.
(7) Limited warranties We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
LAYBY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions: PUT IT ON LAY-BUY
Layby Terms, agreements and contract
Lay-Buy Financial Solutions Pty Ltd trading as www.lay-buys.com has identified core principles we believe are integral and imperative for all Lay-Buy agreement deals transacted through our PUT IT ON LAY-BUY powered by PayPal checkout payment option to be fair and reasonable per the Fair Trading Act 1999.
The following principles below therefore make up the Terms & Conditions for any Lay-Buy or Layby contract and related transactions entered into. This applies to all and any lay-by contract template utilized by both the vendor or consumer:
Record of Payment
A record of payments transaction history will always be available for both the merchant and buyer, recording all amounts paid to-date and the date and value of all future pending payments as per your agreed lay-by policy.
Storage and Identification of Lay-Buy Products
Product’s on Lay-Buy will be set aside and stored separately to other products. Products will be clearly identified as ‘Lay-By contract’ products by a number or some other identification.
Cancellation of Lay-Buy by Buyer
The buyer may cancel their LayBy agreement form at any time prior to delivery of products and on delivery of products if the products are damaged by so advising seller in writing or if seller agrees, orally.If a buyer cancels a Lay-Buy, seller will, if so requested by the seller, give the buyer a “cancellation statement” which sets out-
a) The purchase price of the products; and
b) Advise customer of the cancellation fee payable to seller under all Lay-By terms and conditions; and
c) The total amount paid under the Lay-Buy; and
d) Any amount owing to either the buyer or seller under the layby terms on the cancellation of the Lay-Buy.If seller does not accept the buyer’s oral cancellation it is obliged to give/send the buyer a duly completed Lay-By Form of Cancellation immediately.
Cancellation of Lay-Buy by Seller
The seller under a Lay-Buy must not cancel it unless –
a) The buyer breaches a term of the Lay-Buy; or
b) The seller stops trading; or
c) The products are no longer available
Cancellation on breach by Buyer
If a buyer has breached a term of a Lay-Buy and seller intends to cancel the Lay-Buy, before doing so seller must –
a) Give the buyer notice of seller’s intention to cancel the Lay-Buy; and
b) Allow the buyer at least 14 days within which to rectify the breach; and
c) The notice to be given has to be:I) in writing, sent to the buyer’s last known address, or, if the buyer so agrees, orally; and
II) must specify the breach of the Lay-Buy for which the Lay-Buy is being cancelled; and
III) must state the time within which the buyer must rectify the breach;
IV) must state the matters listed per below:* the purchase price of the products;
* all cancellation charges payable under the agreement; and
* the total amount paid under the Lay-Buy;
* any amount owing to either the buyer or seller under the terms of the Lay-Buy on the cancellation of the Lay-Buy.The Lay-Buy is cancelled at the end of the period specified in the notice unless the buyer rectifies the breach before then or Seller agrees not to cancel it.
Cancellation where business closes
If Seller under a Lay-Buy agreement proposes to stop trading before the agreement is completed, Seller must give notice of the proposal to the buyer and must either –
(a) allow the buyer 7 days within which to complete the agreement; and
(b) cancel the Lay-Buy
Cancellation where products not available
If the products are no longer available, Seller must cancel the Lay-Buy and refund all monies to the buyer.
Effect of Cancellation
Subject to the above, when a Lay-Buy is cancelled by either party, Seller must refund all money paid within 14 days less a AUD $25 cancellation fee. There are circumstances which prohibit Seller from keeping the cancellation charge. These include but are not limited to, situations where the products are damaged or not delivered or where Seller has breached a term of the Lay-Buy statement.
Seller shall charge the buyer a AUD $25 cancellation fee under the terms of all Lay-Buy deals.
Banking Charges back Fees
The seller shall be entitled to pass-on to the buyer all charge back fees received by any given bank for any given customer charge back from any given Lay-Buy deal.
Seller shall not charge the customer any interest charges, membership fee or service fee on any Lay-Buy sales transaction. Lay-Buy Financial Solutions Pty Ltd trading as www.lay-buys.com charge an admin fee, which is a once-off 0.9% of the total order value at checkout. The buyer will pay this amount to Lay-Buys at checkout at time of paying the down payment. This fee is an admin fee and is therefore not refundable.
Seller shall have reporting in place for all Lay-Buy deals covering Down Payment made, Lay-Buy period, Frequency of payments required, Payment amount required per installment; and a full record of all payments made to-date (amount and date on which made).
The seller will only dispatch the buyer product/s after receiving the final installment payment for all Lay-Buy deals.
14.1 This Agreement shall be binding upon, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the representatives, successors and assigns of the parties hereto.
14.2 This Agreement may be amended only by a written instrument duly executed by all parties hereto.
14.3 The parties hereby represent and warrant that each of them has full legal right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to carry out its obligations hereunder.
14.4 This Agreement may be executed simultaneously in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
14.5 Article headings contained herein are for reference purposes only and shall not in any way affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.